En EspaÑol

Sunday - November 18, 2007

From: Ladonia, TX
Title: Plant identification

We were at some friends' ranch in Bandera Co. last week and found a plant with 1 inch pea-like pods of a matchstick girth with square black seeds. There were no leaves left only smooth green stems with the pods hanging on small single stems. The area was shady, limestone gravelly and like everywhere had too much rain this summer and is dry now. This form has changed and I can't get the photos in here.

Mr. Smarty Plants loves identifying native plants, but it is usually very difficult, if not downright impossible, to do without photos. Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants (lower right corner under "Plant Identification") page to find instructions for sending photos.