Wednesday - September 19, 2007

From: Winnipeg, MB
Region: Canada
Title: Plant identification request for a vine

QUESTION:

I would like to identify a wild vine that I have just discovered in our bush. It has leaves similar in shape to a maple leaf,approx.4"wide, has white flower spikes, and some kind of a fruit or pod that is similar in shape and appearance to a kiwi-oval in shape, approx. 1 1/2" long, and covered in very fine spikes which are "fur" like. They are green. The vine has wound it's way up a pine tree.

ANSWER:

We're not sure what you have. A photograph might do the trick, though. Please see the instructions given on the lower-left corner of the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants home page for details on how to submit digital images to us for identification.