Mr. Smarty Plants - Native flowers and plants for landscaping in March in Austin

Wednesday - February 18, 2004

Topic: Seasonal Tasks, Wildflowers
Title: Native flowers and plants for landscaping in March in Austin
Answered by: Stephen Brueggerhoff

QUESTION:

What are the best flowers and plants to landscape with in the Austin area in March?

ANSWER:

There are several resources that I can provide you with to help you research the appropriate plant for your landscape. We provide individual plant profiles on-line through our Native Plants Database; scroll down and choose the prompt "Hill Country Horticulture", which will bring you to a dynamic search function allowing access to information of over 400 species native to Central Texas. Another resource is provided by the City of Austin and is found through their Grow Green program, at URL: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen. They have developed a plant list that will help guide you in making good horticultural choices for your garden.