scottsdale , AZ
Are Mesquite (Prosopis) pods safe for dogs to eat?
are pods from mesquite trees posionus to dogs if they chew or eat them?

Scottsdale, AZ
Evergreen plants for shaded fence in Arizona
I need to place a fence around my front yard (4-5 ft tall), in Arizona. What evergreen flower/plant can you recommend that would grow on this fence? (it would only get about 2-4 hours of sun daily and...

Scottsdale, AZ
Problems with non-native Eugenia in Scottsdale AZ
I have 5 eugenia topiaries in my courtyard in pots..I notice as the days here in Phoenix get hotter and dry (as usual) they are starting to look bad, even though they are under a shelter out of the di...

Scottsdale, AZ
Locating supply for Clematis drummondii in Arizona
I am trying to locate Clematis drummondii for my desert garden in Scottsdale, Arizona. Any help would be appreciated.

Scottsdale, AZ
Non-flowering plants in Scottsdale AZ
I have three plants that are supposed to do well in Arizona but mine are not flowering. The yellow bells and orange jubilee I have get full sun, drip watered 3 x a week for 1 1/2 hrs (at 4am) and are...

Scottsdale, AZ
Information about growing food in Arizona
Edible plants in Arizona: How can I get information on planting and growing food in Scottsdale Arizona?

Mesa, AZ
Problem with Live Oaks in Mesa AZ
I have two Evergreen Live Oaks in central Arizona. One is flourishing and getting new spring leaves from top to bottom. Its trunk is rough, has large grooves, and the spots where I've pruned look li...

Mesa, AZ
Why is my Agave suffering in Mesa, Arizona?
I live in Mesa AZ, and have an agave that we planted 7 years ago. It grew like crazy with hardly any care whatsoever, until I cut off some of the bottom leaves and 'pups' about a month ago. Recently...

Mesa, AZ
Soaptree yucca falling over in Mesa AZ
My soaptree yucca is about 5 ft tall and has fallen over. Does this plant require staking for I thought not, or is something else going on with it?

Mesa, AZ
Problems with non-native citrus trees from Mesa AZ
We have one valencia orange tree and one naval orange tree in our Mesa, AZ yard. Just noticed some oranges on both trees have a 1/4 inch diameter hole through the skin and the orange fruit and skin a...

Mesa, AZ
Transplanting large Silverado Sage bushes from Mesa AZ
We just bought a condo with three Silverado Sage, each one is 6-8 ft tall, trained to grow as "trees" with bare branches for the bottom 4 feet or so, and beautiful flowering branches on top. They ar...

Mesa, AZ
Mosquito problem from Mesa AZ
We have a mosquito problem in our backyard, I think they're grass Mosquitos. I wanted to get lemongrass for a deterrent but both nurseries were out so I opted for rosemary. They're ALL OVER the rose...

Phoenix, AZ
Deadheading seedless desert willows for continued bloom in Phoenix AZ
We planted two seedless desert willow trees this spring. Both have bloomed nicely but we now have many stems with the spent flowers still on the tree. Your database for this plant says to "Remove spe...

Phoenix, AZ
Non-flowering deciduous vine for Phoenix AZ
Are there any non-flowering deciduous vines native to the Southwest? I'd like to plant them to shade our windows in the hot Phoenix summers. If only perennials are available, can I cut it back each w...

Phoenix, AZ
Evergreen tree for Phoenix
I need your help. I'm looking for a pretty evergreen tree for my small front yard in Phoenix. One that is not horribly messy and doesn't get wider that 10 - 15 ft. I want to be able to decorate at...

Phoenix, AZ
Texas wild olive tree
I live in the Phoenix area. My Texas wild olive (Cordia boissieri) is about 5 years old, about 12 feet tall and has beautiful blossoms all year long. However, this past year (through all seasons...

Phoenix, AZ
Information about non-native Canaga odorata, ylang-ylang
can you tell me the composition of canaga odarata or ylang-ylang flower? also, beneficial effects? it's for my science project..

Phoenix, AZ
Effect of epsom salts and gray water on plants
We live in Phoenix where water is a precious commodity. We have decided to use as much of the gray water as we can for watering our garden, shrubs and trees. One of the suggestions we heard about w...

Phoenix, AZ
Privacy hedge plant for Phoenix, Arizona.
Hi, Can you tell me what would be a good plant or shrub to block one side of an unsightly 6ft high wrought iron pool fence, and create some privacy. It would be full sun and the hot temperature of P...

Phoenix, AZ
Care of non-native potato tree (Solanum macranthum or Lycianthes rantonnetii)
I live in Phoenix. I bought what was called a potato tree. Purple flowers with blooms quite often. It seemed a little puny and twiggy so I fed it Miracle Grow. It is now gorgeous with lovely leave...

Phoenix, AZ
Tired of mowing
Please help, my husband got tired of mowing the lawn (bermuda grass) and recently decided to do a desert landscape by himself. Without researching, he mowed the dead grass and covered the whole area w...