Search for native plants by scientific name, common name or family. If you are not sure what you are looking for, try the Combination Search or our Recommended Species lists.
Search native plant database:
Bransford, W.D. and Dolphia
Oenothera spachiana Torr. & Gray
USDA Symbol: OESP
USDA Native Status: Native to U.S.
Plant CharacteristicsDuration: Annual Habit: Herb Flower:
Bloom InformationBloom Color: Yellow
AL , AR , LA , MS , OK , TX USDA Native Status: L48(N)
From the ArchiveWildflower Newsletter 1984 VOL. 1, NO.4
- Lady Bird Heartened by Progress, Horticultural Society Annual Meeting Held, Dire...Wildflower Newsletter 1987 VOL. 4, NO.2
- Wildflowers Provide Activity in Summer, Beautiful Colorado Beckons, What is Rese...Wildflower Newsletter 1987 VOL. 4, NO.3
- Fall Planting Highlights the Season, Jubilee Celebration Commences December 1987...Wildflower Newsletter 1989 VOL. 6, NO.2
- Wildflower Network Operates in Louisiana, Wildflower Handbook Published, Researc...Wildflower Newsletter 1989 VOL. 6, NO.5
- Educator\\\'s Native Plants Poster Perfected, Pass a Law, Protect a Tree, Resear...
Recommended Species Lists
Find native plant species by state. Each list contains commercially available species suitable for gardens and planned landscapes. Once you have selected a collection, you can browse the collection or search within it using the combination search.
View Recommended Species page
Record Modified: 2007-01-01
Research By: TWC Staff