Thursday - September 12, 2013

From: Haltom City, TX
Topic: Plant Lists
Title: Native plant list for Haltom City, TX

We're planning a native plant demonstration garden and need help. Can you email me a list of plants that will grow well in North Central Texas. We need to include those that will grow in full sun, shade and all low-water.

This is very easy to find. We will go to our Recommended Species page, and click on North Central Texas on the map of the United States. When we did so, we got this list of 105 plants native to North Central Texas. Please note this paragraph at the beginning of that list:

"Texas-North Central Recommended

Commercially available native plant species suitable for planned landscapes in North Central Texas. Visit our Suppliers Directory to locate businesses that sell native plants or seeds or provide professional landscape or consulting services in this state. Visit the Organizations Directory to locate native plant societies, conservation groups, governmental agencies, botanical gardens, arboreta, and other plant-related organizations in this state."

Going down that list, you can click on any plant link and get our webpage on that plant, from which you can learn its growing conditions, light requirements and see pictures. If you wish more information you can scroll down the page to Additional Resources, and click on the link to Google.

Hope that gives you the kind of information you need.