Thursday - May 09, 2013

From: Plano, TX
Topic: Seeds and Seeding, Poisonous Plants, Shrubs
Title: Are Eve's Necklace seeds poisonous to dogs from Plano TX

QUESTION:

Are the seed pods on eve's necklace poisionous to dogs?

ANSWER:

From our webpage on Styphnolobium affine (Eve's necklace):

"The flowers and seeds are poisonous."

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Dwarf Yaupon Holly Cultivar Heights
September 18, 2014 - What is the largest of the dwarf yaupons?

Non-berrying possumhaw from Austin
June 05, 2014 - I planted a possumhaw 8 to 10 years ago for the beautiful winter color, it has never set berries. I see tiny white flowers along the branches each spring, and always hope this will be the year, but I...

Native plants for sandy soil and not much water
April 14, 2008 - I am planning a new garden at home and would like to grow native plants that can handle sandy soil and don't need much water. I do not water my gardens.I would prefer plants that can have more than o...

Acidity of soil for blueberry plants
May 11, 2007 - We have 8 blueberry plants and we have just taken out several Juniper shrubs. How will this effect the acidity of the soil for the blueberries? Do we need to add more acidity? We heard that the junipe...

Identification of shrub in Florida
July 03, 2008 - Hello Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a question about identifying some bushes. The bushes I have seen through areas of Florida and they seem to be used most often as natural fences. These are the charac...