Thursday - May 09, 2013

From: Plano, TX
Topic: Seeds and Seeding, Poisonous Plants, Shrubs
Title: Are Eve's Necklace seeds poisonous to dogs from Plano TX

QUESTION:

Are the seed pods on eve's necklace poisionous to dogs?

ANSWER:

From our webpage on Styphnolobium affine (Eve's necklace):

"The flowers and seeds are poisonous."

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Identification of shrub from Kuala Lumpur
April 24, 2011 - I am seeing too much of shrubs used for landscaping that looks like dill, its stems are pretty woody and its leaves looks and smells like dill, are they the same? Can I consume this shrub that looks l...

Dog-proof shrubs in Woodmere NY
May 21, 2009 - My chocolate lab thinks that shrubs are the same as "fetch" sticks..she's ripped out my azalea, rhododendron, andromeda and a few others I'm not sure of the names. She's a great pup (almost 1 yr...

Propagating Pavonia seeds
October 10, 2013 - Could you please recommend a method for scarifying Pavonia seeds? Thank you

Plants for dry conditions and clay soils in Georgia
June 25, 2007 - I need a bush or plant that I can plant next to a creek that requires no maintenance to cover exposed roots and underbrush caused by rushing water whenever the creeks rises with large downpours. We b...

Replacing yellow bells with hibiscus from San Antonio
July 03, 2012 - Help! Will the roots of the yellow bells keep sprouting if I've removed the shrub? I'm replacing it with a hibiscus shrub. Will it do well in the same spot where the yellow bells were?