Thursday - May 09, 2013

From: Plano, TX
Topic: Seeds and Seeding, Poisonous Plants, Shrubs
Title: Are Eve's Necklace seeds poisonous to dogs from Plano TX

QUESTION:

Are the seed pods on eve's necklace poisionous to dogs?

ANSWER:

From our webpage on Styphnolobium affine (Eve's necklace):

"The flowers and seeds are poisonous."

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Eve's necklace
Styphnolobium affine

Plant identification for shrub in Florida
September 03, 2011 - On our street we have ornamental shrub planted in the median that has small waxy green leaves, produces small fragrant white flowers, and red berries with white pulp and small seeds on the inside. Th...

Dealing with poison ivy
April 22, 2008 - Suggestions for eradicating Poison Ivy? I have just a small growth in my backyard. Thanks -

Identity of plant that looks like green onions
April 06, 2013 - I have what looks like green onions growing in my lawn. They have small white flowers. Are they edible?

Are globe mallows (Sphaeralcea spp.) harmful to dogs
May 20, 2010 - My dogs eat the wild globe mallow plants in my yard. Could that be harmful to them?

hummingbird attractants
May 03, 2012 - I live in Baytown, Texas and am looking for a variety of plants that attract Hummingbirds, but are also pet friendly. I have two dogs, so this is a major concern. I am putting the plants in my backyar...