Saturday - May 04, 2013

From: Bulverde, TX
Topic: Non-Natives, Seed and Plant Sources
Title: Source for non-native Crown of Thorns from Bulverde TX

Can you please tell me where I can buy a Crown of Thorns plant in or near Bulverde, Tx.

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, home of Mr. Smarty Plants, is committed to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants evolved; in your case, Comal County, TX. Euphorbia milii (Crown of Thorns) is native to Madagascar so it would serve no purpose for us to refer you to our native plant National Suppliers Directory. From North Carolina State University Euphorbia milii, note the warnings on this being a poisonous plant. Since this is often considered a house plant, you might look around at some large commercial nurseries or home improvement stores.