Wednesday - February 27, 2013

From: Lindale, TX
Topic: Non-Natives, Seeds and Seeding, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Care for non-native Centipede grass

My lawn is Centipede. I have created a new lawn area. Can and when should I seed/overseed my lawn? I have Rye in the new area.

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, home of Mr. Smarty Plants, is committed to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America  but to the areas in which those plants grow naturally. Eremochloa ophiuroides, Centipedegrass, is native to China and therefore out of our area of expertise. However, we can pass along to you a couple of articles we found online that might help you.

From North Carolina State University Problems on Centipedegrass

From Clemson University Cooperative Extension Centipedegrass Maintenance Calendar.