Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for mulberry trees from Bryan TX

Sunday - February 24, 2013

From: Bryan, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Trees
Title: Source for mulberry trees from Bryan TX

QUESTION:

I am looking for suggestions for nurseries from which I could purchase Red Mulberry or Texas Mulberry Tree.

ANSWER:

Morus microphylla (Littleleaf mulberry) and Morus rubra (Red mulberry) are both native to Texas. Littleleaf Mulberry is not native to Brazos County, but is to some nearby counties. Red mulberry is native to Brazos County. We always check on this to assure that the plant you are looking for is appropriate to your climate, soils and rainfall. Follow each plant link to our webpage on that tree to learn its Light Requirements, Growing Conditions and Moisture specifications. At the bottom of that webpage you can follow a link to Google for more information on the plant.

Go to our National Suppliers Directory, put your town and state or just your zipcode into te "Enter Search Location" box and you will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed companies and consultants in your general area. All have contact information so you can find out if they have what you are looking for in stock before you begin shopping.

Littleleaf mulberry
Morus microphylla

Red mulberry
Morus rubra