Mr. Smarty Plants - Potting soil mixture at Wildflower Center from Austin

Tuesday - August 14, 2012

Topic: Soils
Title: Potting soil mixture at Wildflower Center from Austin

QUESTION:

What potting soil mixture does the Wildflower Center use in its greenhouses for the native plants grown for the Austin Native Plant sales? Is the pH adjusted to match the alkaline soils in this area? Thank you for being a terrific resource!

ANSWER:

It just so happens we answered the same question in 2008 and Sean Watson, Nursery Manager, helped us out. Sean is still our Nursery Manager and we assume the information he gave is still correct. Mr. Smarty Plants thanks you for your kind words.