Tuesday - August 08, 2006

From: Palm Coast, FL
Title: Care for non-native Desert Rose (Adenium obesum)

I was given a desert rose and i'm looking for general information about planting, watering, how much sun it needs etc. I hope you can help. Thanks

Desert rose (Adenium obesum) is a native of Africa introduced to North America. Since our focus and expertise at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is with plants native to North America, it isn't really in our purview; however, I can guide you to several sites with information on its care:
1) from mgonline.com
2) University of Oklahoma Department of Botany Plant of the Week
3) from baobabs.com