Saturday - April 21, 2012

From: St. Louis, MO
Topic: Problem Plants
Title: Proposal of marriage to Mr. Smarty Plants

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants: Will you marry me? Garden bliss hangs in the balance.

No. I'm already married to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.

More Problem Plants Questions

Source of dry molasses near Mason, Texas
June 21, 2015 - Can you guys point me to a local source of dry molasses? I can get 50 lb bags from Amazon but shipping cost is almost double the cost of the product. I want to try it as a supplement to mechanical con...

Identity of yellow-flowered plant with stickers
November 06, 2012 - I have yellow flowered plant taking over my lawn. I used weed killers last year and it has spread this year and still spreading. It has small burs (not as hard as a regular sticker bur but will stic...

How Can I Tell an Invasive Thistle from a Native
May 01, 2012 - Mr Smarty Plants, I have some thistles coming up in my yard. I'd like to keep them if they are native, but not if they are invasive or non-native. How can I tell? My yard is a wild area in West Lak...

How to Deal With Goutweed?
June 12, 2015 - Hi, I'm wondering what plants (groundcover) would best compete against goutweed. It's coming up all around some existing potentilla shrubs and some nice bulbs and prairie perennials. I would hate to...

Controlling Triadica sebifera (Chinese tallow tree)
July 20, 2013 - We are trying to remove Chinese tallow trees from the lake bed on Lake Buchanan. We cut them down, but they grow back from the roots. They are very hard to dig out. Do you have any suggestions for how...