Wednesday - March 21, 2012

Topic: Plant Lists
Title: Searchable lists of plant sale plants from Austin

Is there a way to obtain a searchable list of the plants available at the Wildflower Plant Sale in April?

On our Plant Sales page, you can read about our open hours, etc. Scroll down that page to Plant Lists Online. This is searchable in that you can see a thumbnail picture of each plant and, by clicking on the plant link, go to our webpage on that plant, where you can discover how much sun it requires, color and time of blooming and other things you might wish to know. Using the sidebar on the right hand side of that plant list, you can select by Habit (trees, succulents, etc.), Light Requirements, even expected height and bloom times. This list changes up to practically the last minute; we would suggest you begin by investigating plants on the plant list and then, near the date, go to the printable lists, and print a copy for yourself, as we will not have them to hand out. You can then make your own notes on which plants meet your needs. Generally, the woody plants are all together, standing on the ground to the right of the entrance. The plants needing quite a bit of sun are on tables facing you as you go in. They are alphabetical by scientific names, which is why it is a good idea to mark your printout, so you'll know where to start. Farther back along the sale corridor will be a tent for shade plants, a Native American Seeds sales tent, a Native Plants of Texas sales tent, a tent for getting questions answered about Habiturf, and a Mr. Smarty Plants table, where you can ask about anything-well, nearly.

We urge you to come early and be prepared for parking challenges, and bring your own wagon, if possible. If you are a Member or wish to join in order to come to the Friday Members Only sale, you can join online at our Become a Member page or even join at the gate.