Tuesday - August 02, 2011

From: Banks, OR
Region: Northwest
Topic: Non-Natives, Plant Identification
Title: Want to know the name of a string looking moss in OR.

I want to know the name of a string looking moss or Licha that grows on pine trees? Thought was old mans whiskers, but this search brings up a flower; not what I am looking for. I found some in Glacier National Park.

Here at the Lady Bird Johnson Wild Flower Center, our focus is on flowering plants which do not include moss or Licha (perhaps lichens).

We encourage you to go to our Plant Identification Page, and use the links to the different Forums whose specialty is identifying plants.