Friday - May 26, 2006

From: Santa Cruz, CA
Title: Source of seeds for non-native Artemisia pontica

QUESTION:

Hi, I've tried unsuccessfully to find seed for "roman wormwood" "Artemisia Pontica" Do you carry this or do you know a source in the US to get the seed? Much Thanks.

ANSWER:

Our focus and expertise at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is with native plants of North America. Since Roman wormwood (Artemisia pontica) is an introduced species from Europe, it isn't really in our purview. However, we might be able to guide you to a source for seeds. The USDA Plants Database shows it growing in the northeastern United States. You can try searching in our National Suppliers Directory for a seed company that carries seeds for A. pontica. However, with a simple Google search for 'Artemisia pontica' I found a source for seeds.