Saturday - September 25, 2010

From: Roswell, GA
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Brush cleaning fluid used under non- native Loropetalum in Roswell GA

QUESTION:

My painter cleaned their brushes under one of my Black Diamond Lorpetulum and it is wilting "BAD." Is there anything I can do?

ANSWER:

Don't ever use that painter again. As far as saving the bush, that dirt beneath it is saturated with whatever solvent or paint ingredient that painter dumped, and the plant is a goner. This is one case where it would not make any difference whether the plant was native or non-native, the liquids have been pulled up from the roots into the stems and leaves, and it is poisoned.