En EspaÑol

Sunday - August 15, 2010

From: Guilderland, NY
Topic: Non-Natives, Seeds and Seeding
Title: Seeds for India from Guilderland NY

QUESTION:

I have Green Cross “Non Profitable” trust in TamilNadu India. We are looking for free seeds from Government and other NGO foundations. Moto: Global Vowing awareness program and our volunteers help to “Increase Green places”. We plan to move all more places and we need seeds move forward. Can you please help us. thanks in advance.

ANSWER:

We are sorry but we have no program for distributing seeds. While we participate in the Millennium Seed Bank, that involves, for us,  conservation of seed native to Texas.  Because the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native to North America and to the area in which the plants are being grown, we would have no seeds that could be used in your program. We are ourselves a non-profit and have no funds for such a project.