Mr. Smarty Plants - Return of empty Plant Sale pots from Austin

Tuesday - April 20, 2010

Topic: Container Gardens
Title: Return of empty Plant Sale pots from Austin
Answered by: Barbara Medford and Wendy Redding

QUESTION:

Would the WFC want the empty plant containers back? I live near the center and could drop off quite a few containers, along with plastic tags. Let me know where, if so.

ANSWER:

From our Plant Nursery:

"Yes, folks may still bring pots for us to reuse. Please stress the following:

They must not be broken, we reuse them. We only accept 4", one gallon and five gallon containers. No plant tags, plastic bags, trash, dirt clumps, etc.

If they live in Austin, they can recycle broken pots, other sizes we don't use and plant tags in the single stream recycling program or they can take items to Ecology Action downtown at I-35 and 9th St.

If they do have appropriate pots for us to reuse, and if the container is no longer at the drop-off bed/front entry cistern, they can go through the Volunteer/Staff parking lot to the Nursery. The drop-off container usually lives outside the nursery fence. It's a large wooden bin."