Monday - October 24, 2005

From: Guyton, GA
Topic: General Botany
Title: Smarty Plants on science projects

QUESTION:

Hello, i am a 6th grade student at a middle school in GA. I am doing a science project and my question is, "Does music affect plant growth?" Is there a plant that would work best for me to experiment with, and are there any resources that you could provide to me? Thanks.

ANSWER:

You need a plant with seeds that germinate quickly and grow fast. I suggest you use garden vegetable seeds such as beans, corn, peas, radishes, and leafy greens. These also have the advantage of being inexpensive. You can also check out the products available at Fast Plants.