Sunday - October 04, 2009

Topic: Deer Resistant
Title: Deer resistant wildflower seed mix

QUESTION:

I'm looking for a wildflower seed mix that is deer resistant (they walk right through this area), drought tolerant, full sun, perennial or self-seeding annual, for Austin, Texas. Any recommendations on a ready-made mix or specific wildflowers that would go well together? Need info soon, as sowing time is upon us. Thx!

ANSWER:

Please visit the web page of Native American Seed in Junction, Texas.  They are one of our Associate Suppliers and they have a Deer Resistant Mix for sale.  You can also find a list of "Deer Resistant" plants on our Recommended Species page under SPECIAL COLLECTIONS.