Monday - September 28, 2009

From: Alpharetta, GA
Title: Plant identification from Alpharetta GA

QUESTION:

I found a thorny bush in a yard. It had either immature fruit or a seed pod that I would like identified. The pod was a little larger than a golf ball, yellow, and a little fuzzy. When cut open it was juicy inside with many large seeds. It smelled a little like mango to me. I live in north Georgia. Thank you!

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but we're going to have to have a picture and some more information before we can try to figure out what this one is. Go to our instruction page for Plant Identification, and be sure to send a high resolution picture.