Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Saturday - September 26, 2009

From: Toronto, ON
Region: Canada
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I came back from vacation to find a wild herb growing in my back yard. It looks similar to dill, cilantro, or fennel; which makes me think it's in the umbrelliferae family, but it's not a large plant and has no visible flowers. Its leaves smell almost like bolongna. What is it, and is it edible? Thanks, Charles

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but I think he is going to need a little more than your description to go on.  Please send photos (high resolution and in focus) and we will do our best to identify your plant.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photographs.