Tuesday - September 15, 2009

From: Santa Cruz, CA
Title: Looking for Vitis californica

I am trying to find two Vitus Californica "Walker Ridge" to plant on a trellis. I live in Santa Cruz, CA and am unable to locate a source for this plant and my local nurseries haven't had any luck either. I know it exists, how can I find two to buy?

Here are 3 nurseries in your general area that specialize in native plants.  I suggest contacting them to see if they have it or have an idea about where to find it:

Bay Natives in San Francisco

Yerba Buena Nursery in Woodside

Las Pilitas, in Escondido and Santa Margarita, is further afield but has a large inventory of and great information about native plants.

You can also visit our National Suppliers Directory to look for other nurseries in your area that might carry the plant.