Wednesday - September 09, 2009

From: Portland , TX
Title: Planting non-native coastal bermudagrass in Portland TX

How do you plant coastal grass?

We assume you are referring to coastal bermudagrass, Cynodon dactylon. At the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center we are committed to the care, use and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which they are being grown. Bermudagrass is not native, and has become an invasive weed, especially in the South. We suggest you contact the Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension Office for San Patricio County for information.