Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identfication

Saturday - August 15, 2009

From: Minersville, PA
Title: Plant identfication

QUESTION:

I have this strange bright orangey-red plant growing in my yard that I have never seen before. It's about 3 inches tall that comes to a point on top and is hollow inside and very soft? What could it be. I pulled it out and a week later another one grew in the same spot.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but it is difficult to do from description alone.  If you can send us photos, we will do our very best to identify your mystery plant.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page for instructions for submitting photos.