Mr. Smarty Plants - Insect infestation of plants, dog and home

Sunday - September 14, 2008

Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Insect infestation of plants, dog and home

QUESTION:

I have plants that some kind of bug is killing them, my fan plam, ficus tree and other plants. The leaves are drying up and falling off. Apparently, they also are infestion my apartment. I feel them crawling up me, in my bed and everywhere. My pour little dog is miserable with them on her too. Help, we're infested!! I've sprayed with pesticeds, usedthe grounded shell and fogged the apartment. I still have them!!! Help me please!

ANSWER:

Our expertise here at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is in the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes.  While we might try to determine the identification of insects that are associated with these native plants if we have a photograph or description of the insect, I'm afraid we can't be much help if we have neither a description nor a photo.  We certainly have no expertise in identifying or exterminating insect pests infesting you, your dog, or your home.  Mr. Smarty Plants suggests that you contact a pest extermination company that will come to your home and identify the pest and advise you how to deal with it.