Mr. Smarty Plants - Need low-maintenance plants for courtyard in full sun in Rhode Island

Friday - June 01, 2007

From: West Warwick, RI
Topic: Plant Lists
Title: Need low-maintenance plants for courtyard in full sun in Rhode Island
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

I live in West Warwick, Rhode Island. I am designing a courtyard which because of its shape and design receives full sun all day. I am looking for flowers and plants which thrive in the sun yet are low-maintenance.

ANSWER:

This sounds like a job for the Native Plant Database. I tried a combo search on Rhode Island, Herbaceous, Perennials, Sun, Dry Soil and got 29 results. You might narrow your search even further to get fewer results.