Saturday - May 12, 2007

From: Morris, MN
Topic: General Botany
Title: Herbarium locations for Bifora americana

QUESTION:

Dr Hampton: I am trying to find specific locations of populations of Bifora americana (prairie bishop). Apparently, many collections of this species have been made in the Dallas-Ft Worth area as well as in the Texas Hill country. Is there any on-line access to herbarium labels by which I could identify specific collection locations? Thanks.

ANSWER:

You can access the Flora of Texas Database from the Plant Resources Center of the University of Texas and find records (103 records) of collection sites over the state for Bifora americana (prairie bishop). You can sort the results using several criteria, including by county.