En EspaÑol

Friday - April 06, 2007

From: Graham, TX
Topic: Turf
Title: Calyptocarpus vialis, Horseherb, for shady, mowable lawn

Graham, Texas, Heavily wooded. Too shady for St. Augustine grass. Need mowable ground cover near house. Have heard of something called horsewort, but not able to find anything about it.

The plant you heard about is probably Calyptocarpus vialis, Horseherb or Straggler Daisy. It is a very good choice for shady areas and does not mind at all being mowed. Some consider it a lawn weed, but for shaded areas where grass does not grow well, it is probably our best native groundcover.