En EspaÑol

Friday - April 11, 2014

From: New York, NY
Topic: Non-Natives, Medicinal Plants
Title: Lists of medicinal plants from New York City

QUESTION:

Do you know any resources for lists of medicinal plants native to New York? Thank you

ANSWER:

Short answer, no, we know of no such lists. We did find, in our previous answers, this question on Edible and Medicinal Plants in Suffolk Co., NY. This is an old answer, dating back to 2007, and many of the links may no longer be active. Hopefully, it will give you some clues on where to look. We wish to remind you that the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, home of Mr. Smarty Plants, is committed to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but also to the location where the plants are being grown, in your case, New York City. Many plants mentioned in online sites are native to other countries and therefore out of our range of expertise.