Delano, TN
Can I make my large pecan trees produce larger nuts?
I have 2 older large pecan trees about 40' tall but the nuts are very small, only about 1 1/2". What can I do to get larger nuts?

Cleveland, TN
Pollinating Pawpaws
We have many good sized pawpaw trees in our area but they never bear any fruit. I've checked them at different times in the fall over the years but no fruit. Someone told me that the flowers were po...

Cleveland, TN
Peak times for viewing wildflowers in Texas
We are planning a trip to Texas to see wildflowers this spring. I have time off March 17-25. Would you expect to see much in bloom then? What area might be the best to visit? Does anyone put reports o...

McCaysville, GA
Edible Plants for North Georgia
We are planning a forest food garden in the hollers of the N GA Mountains. Which edible fruit, nut, berry, herb and creepers would be best for this reddish, clay-like soil? The food garden is in...

Blue Ridge, GA
Identification of groundcover plant in north Georgia mountains
Was trail riding in N GA mountains - saw pretty ground cover plant ? vine - small green leaves with whitish borders almost look like clover leaves and has small bright red red berries - this was Aug 2...

Ooltewah, TN
20 years to bloom
My girlfriend and i have come up with an interesting question, we were wondering if there is a plant in existance that takes over 20 years to bloom, and how many different kinds (if any) there are? We...

Murphy, NC
Wildflowers for Murphy NC Clay
I live on a ridge in Murphy NC. The property has trees so most of the land is in partial shade. The soil is good 'ole mountain red clay. I have some steep bankings in front of the house that I wou...

Morganton, GA
Planting ornamental cherries in GA
What is the correct way to plant ornamental cherry trees in N. Georgia Mountain clay soil? Which is the hardiest variety?

Loudon, TN
Lifespan of non-native weeping cherry tree
What is the lifespan of a weeping cherry tree? Thanks.

Cherry Log, GA
Native Azaleas for Southeast USA
Where can I purchase wild azaleas?

Ellijay, GA
Removal of Invasive Mint
The herb Mint is taking over my flower garden. How can I kill this out? Thank you,

Hurst, TX
When to harvest bluebonnet seeds in Hurst TX
Can I harvest the Blue Bonnet Seeds now (April) or do I have to wait until they dry up & pods begin to open?

Chattnooga, TN
Why will my Butternut trees not produce nuts in Tennessee?
I have 2 butternut trees planted about 20 ft from each other. I see the long blossoms on each tree but I have not gotten any nuts from either tree. I do not know if I have a male and female or if th...

Red Bank, TN
What habitat would my Antennaria solitaria like in Red Bank, TN?
I want to know what habitat my mystery plant will like- sun, shade, dry or moist. I think it is an Antennaria solitaria or Little Pussytoes. I got it at a native plant sale here in Chattanooga. It has...

Blairsville, GA
Groundcover for steep hill in Georgia
We have a large steep hill with only clay and rocks on it in the North Georgia Mountain area. What is a good Native ground covering to put on this for erosion? Something that grows fast preferably. ...

Chattanooga, TN
Identification of plant from childhood
I am trying to locate and identify a plant from my childhood (I'm 65). It was either a small tree or possibly a tree formed hedge like plant. It had small roundish leaves scattered on tiny limbs simi...

Chattanooga, TN
Selenicereus anthonyanus, Rickrack or Fishbone Cactus
A friend of mine gave me a plant he said was a rick rack plant. I have tried to research it on line with no luck and I don't know the scientific name...any help?

Maryville, TN
Are dogwood trees poisonous to horses?
Are dogwood trees poisonous to horses?

Oak Ridge, TN
Looking for plants for erosion control in Tennessee.
We are looking for plants native to east Tenessee that will help control erosion once the kudzu in a ravine has been removed. The site is full sun with dry soil. Moderate to fast growth and resist...

Oak Ridge, TN
Problems with dogwood borers in TN
What is the best way to treat native dogwoods infested with Dogwood borer insects? I have cut and removed the dead ones and the ones with large patches of bark missing but would like to save the remai...

Oak Ridge, TN
General information on native Fendlers sandwort (Arenaria fendeleri)
I am trying to locate any general information on Fendler's Sandwort. Any help will be greatly appreciated.