Stoughton, MA
Possible medicinal uses of Spanish Moss (Tillandsia usneoides)
I recently read an article about the healing properties of Spanish Moss. It mentioned reducing bad cholesterol in the human body. What exactly are the properties in this plant that are good for you, ...

Brockton, MA
Groundcover for Massachusetts campus
Our campus is converting to more sustainable landscaping practices, and in the process we are planting native plants and removing lawn. Thus we would like to replace the lawn, and some invasive groun...

Braintree, MA
Transplanting non-native mimosas in Braintree MA
I want to transplant some baby mimosa trees. Have tried in past and they just die.

Braintree, MA
I have a plant that I always thought was poison ivy. This spring however I saw an unusual flower on several of these plants. Three leaves and the flower almost looks like a wilted calla lily, but is a...

Abington, MA
Perennial for cemetery plot in Massachusetts
What perennial would work well in a cemetery plot that has very dry sun?

Weymouth, MA
Native evergreen for privacy shield in Weymouth, MA
I am trying to find a good native evergreen tree that I can plant in a hedgerow to block noise and light coming from our neighbors property. We would need something that would grow tall because our h...

rockland, MA
Looking for a tall ornamental grass native to Massachusetts.
I am looking for a tall (4-8 ft) ornamental grass, native to Massachusetts/ New England. It needs to be tolerant of moist to wet soil, and preferably colorful. Thanks for your help.

Bridgewater, MA
Is there a flower that blooms only once in seven years?
Just wanted to know if there exists a flower that blooms only once in seven years? Thank you!

South Boston , MA
Planter boxes on a roof deck in Boston MA
What will grow in planter boxes on a roof deck in Boston ma? We are planning to make our own planters to sit on the framing "outside" our deck rail. We have 4 ft from the rail to the edge of the ho...

Dorchester, MA
Smarty Plants on Tamarisk
Where can I buy Tamarisk, and will it survive in Massachusetts? I've seen it in Provincetown, on Cape Cod.

Newton, MA
Low-Maintenance Hedge for Massachusetts
I want to put in a native low-maintenance hedge in a sunny spot with plants that can take dry soil. I would like the plants to grow to less than 4 feet wide. It can be an informal hedge, but I don't ...

Newton, MA
Preserving endangered plants in Massachusetts
I've recently visited the national registry of threatened or endangered plants for my Massachusetts home, with a hope of : 1. Identifying rare, threatened or endangered species in my state. 2. fi...

Newton, MA
I have had a plant for 37 years! It is a vine with leaves that grow in groups of three and they typically have 5 points. The leaves are dark green and shiny. I would love to know what this old friend ...

Attleboro, MA
Lippia alba for sale at Wildflower Center
Do you have this plant for sale Lippia Alba. thanks

Pembroke, MA
Native plants for morning sun in Pembroke MA
Could you please suggest native groundcover,plants/shrubs/grasses for eastern facing slope which gets morning sun? It is my front yard which slopes down toward driveway so it would be a major focal po...

Pembroke, MA
Poison Ivy in Semi-wetland Massachusetts
You answered this question for Tennessee, but I would like an answer for a Massachusetts semi-wetlands area: What can I plant to discourage poison ivy, or at least make it very clear that it is poison...

Boston, MA
Native vine to cover chain link fence in Massachusetts
I have a chain link fence I don't want to bother taking down, any suggestions on a clinging vine that will rapidly attach itself to the links and eventually cover it with a green "blanket"? thanks

Boston, MA
Groundcovers for a slope in MA
We live in Eastern MA. We have a hill behind our house that was previously mulched. Slope is 45 degrees in direct sun, clay soil. We have another hill by the road side that is partially shaded with ...

Boston, MA
Groundcover for Boston MA
We have a small back yard that gets great sun in spring before the leaves are fully back on the tall trees surrounding the perimeter, and then a lot of shade in summer. We have weird patchy grass and ...

Boston, MA
Sources for native plants wholesale in Boston, MA
My professor and I are looking for a list of native plant wholesale nurseries in the Boston, MA region.

boston, MA
Percentage of worlds flowers of each color
What percentage of the world's flowers are blue? red? white? yellow?