Limited entry to the gardens now available
We are very excited to open the Wildflower Center on a restricted basis by reservation only. Please reserve an entry time before arrival (see below). Entry times are limited to small numbers of guests in order to maintain safe and appropriate social distancing.
As always, admission is free for members and UT Austin faculty, staff and students. Become a member today!
How This Works
Reservations are on the hour. Please arrive during the first 30 minutes of your reservation time. You have two hours total (including entry) in the gardens.
- No walk ups! You must reserve online first.
- No guest passes are accepted at this time. For members, if a certain number of guests is allowed with your level of membership, you may bring those guests in accordance with the next point.
- Groups are limited to five people or less.
- Reservations open five days in advance. Each day, a new date five days ahead will become available for reservation.
- Members must reserve a free entry. Non-members must purchase. Children under four are free but still need to have a ticket or reservation. See all pricing here.
- Reservations close one hour before each time frame begins.
- We ask that you arrive within the first 30 minutes of your reserved time frame. Your two-hour time frame includes checking in and visiting the gardens. We ask that you leave the Wildflower Center when your time is up.
- If you reserve for the last time frame of the day, you must leave by 4:30 p.m.
What to Expect
Please know that there are restrictions currently in place and not all features of the Wildflower Center are open.
- Reserved online tickets are required for entry. Reservations are not available on site. You may only enter during your allotted time frame.
- Wildflower Café is providing carry-out snacks and drinks.
- There are no trash or recycling receptacles available at this time. Pack it in and pack it out.
- Bring your own water. Please prepare for hot weather; it’s better to carry too much water than not enough.
- Some areas of the gardens have one-way traffic only. View a map here.
- Many high-touch features are closed temporarily. Examples include the swings and Fort Build in the Texas Arboretum and the Nature Build, Stumpery and Bird Nests in the Family Garden.
- No interior spaces are open at this time, including the Gift Store.
Safety Guidelines: Keeping You and Our Staff Healthy
When you are at the Wildflower Center, please follow these rules to enjoy a safe and pleasurable visit:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Limit touch! There are plenty of things to hear, see and smell without touching.
- Leave 6 feet of space between you and others.
- Wear face masks at all times to protect yourself, other guests and our staff.
- Please wash your hands, refrain from touching your face, and use hand sanitizer often.
- No gathering in groups of more than five people.
- Please exit after your two-hour time frame to make room for others.
- Always stay to the right on trails so people can pass each other safely.
- Provide space for your fellow guests to pass.
- Please follow signs; many of the spaces are one-way only. View a map here.
Thank you for helping everyone stay healthy!
The Fine Print
The health and safety of our members, volunteers and staff are our first priorities. Mandates and recommendations from government officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may change our ability to follow this limited opening plan. If we find that guests are not following appropriate social distancing or other guidelines, we may be forced to completely close again. Please check our website for any changes or updates.
UT Austin Faculty, Staff and Students
Current UT Austin faculty, staff and students with valid ID receive free admission for only themselves. Please reserve a spot using the non-member tickets button below. Tickets must be purchased online for any non-UT guests accompanying UT Austin faculty, staff and students. There are no on-site ticket purchases at this time. Please be ready to show a valid UT ID to our admissions staff.
Make a Reservation
Reservations open five days in advance. Each day, a new date (five days ahead) will become available for reservation.