Corporate picnics, elegant galas, celebrations of life and more find a truly authentic Texas home in the spectacular setting of the Wildflower Center.
- Exclusive use of both indoor and outdoor spaces: window-lined gallery, main gardens and idyllic courtyard
- 9-hour facility rental (4 p.m. – 1 a.m.). Includes Load in/out
- 2-hour portrait photography session (Center does not supply photographer)
- 1-hour rehearsal scheduled during open hours
- On-site manager, on-site security officer
- Event liability insurance up to $1,000,000
- 1 Dual Level Membership to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Tables, chairs and other rental equipment are not included in the rental.
The suggested guest limit for events is 250 max.
- 250 Max, 232 seats
- Up to 200 guests seated in rows or 150 seated at tables
- 250 max (seated at round or rectangular tables)
- 22 capacity, tables and chairs provided
McDermott Learning Center (MLC)
- $500 optional addition
- 100 capacity standing
- 80 capacity seated at round or rectangular tables
- There are no Restrooms in this facility. Closest restrooms are located in Courtyard.
- Portable Restrooms can be rented by client and placed on site within rental hours.
- MLC is not available for rent without renting entire venue first.
Luci and Ian Family Garden
- Up to 250 on the play lawn and among the garden’s features
- Up to 200 guests seated on the event pad
The Wildflower Center allows you to choose from a wide selection of authorized caterers. Those not on our Exclusive Caterers list are allowed upon approval and subject to a $500 surcharge. The catering company must provide proof of insurance and sign a vendor contract agreement. Clients are allowed to bring their own alcohol without any additional expense; all alcohol must be served by a TABC-certified bartender working for the selected catering company.
You may use any vendor that you choose at the Wildflower Center — except for the noted exception under catering and alcohol. This includes lighting companies, equipment rental, bakeries, florists, coordinators, etc. View our recommendations here.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests should be at least 48 hours in advance. Any reservation will be considered tentative until the client receives an executed copy of the contract and the full rental fee is received.
- The Client/Licensee will be responsible for all actions and activities of their guests. The licensee is responsible for any and all damages. The Center reserves the right to inspect and monitor all activities. The Center will not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of licensee items.
- The Center reserves the right to make non-competing areas of the Center available for other events.
- No smoking (including e-cigarettes) or tobacco use is permitted on the grounds at any time.
- No pets allowed on premises (with the exception of service animals and ceremony-only wedding appearances)
- Wireless access will be provided.
- All items that are brought into the Center for special events must be removed that same day. Anything left in a space following a use period will be thrown away by the custodial staff.
- Visitors are expected to respect all nature at the Center. This includes never picking flowers, walking through garden beds or harming wildlife. The Center reserves the right to remove any guests in violation of any of these policies from the grounds.
- Wildflower Center spaces are currently not available for private birthday party rental. More information here.