FORTLANDIA BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Through January 2020, we’re offering special Fortlandia birthday parties set among our fully explorable exhibition of 10 unique forts in the Texas Arboretum. Fortlandia birthdays include a guided interactive adventure, fort building, and Fortlandia favors for your young guests. Looking for our year-round birthday parties? Click here.
Ages: Designed for children ages 3 to 12
Available: Saturdays and Sundays through January 2020
Times: 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Starting at $350*
*Members receive a 10% discount.
Birthday Party Features
- Private use of tree-shaded picnic area for two hours (plus a half hour for setup and 15 minutes for cleanup).
- A special gift for the birthday child and Passfort field guides for youth guests.
- Seventy-five minutes of staff-led, Fortlandia exploration and 45 minutes for cake or snacks.
- Admission for guests. The number of children may not exceed 20. General admission applies for additional guests.
- $350 for groups of 15 children
- $390 for groups of 20 children
- Choice of two lawn games may be added for an ad additional $50: bean bag toss, giant yard Jenga, giant dominoes, Yardzee
- Members receive a 10% discount. Lady Bird Society Members receive a 20% discount.
- Adult admission is as follows: One adult guest per child ages 6 and under. One adult guest per every five children ages 7 to 12. General admission rates apply for additional guests. Total number of guests included in the party package (adults and children combined) may not exceed 40. General admission applies for additional guests.
- Payment is due in full at time of reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 business days in advance of event date.
- Guests are responsible for bringing their own cake, snacks, goody bags, beverages (only nonalcoholic allowed), dishes, silverware, napkins and decorations. Refrigeration is not available.
- Tabletop decorations are allowed, but we cannot allow balloons, piñatas, confetti or glitter, flower petals, streamers, or seeds in the garden under any circumstances.
- No decorations may be pinned, taped, stapled, nailed, glue or otherwise adhered to the walls, tables, trees or forts.
- Outside entertainment and loud music are prohibited.
- Safety-minded climbing is permitted in most areas of Fortlandia; however, adults should read and enforce rules of Fortlandia (posted at entrance) and adhere to all directional signs.
- Adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party. We require one adult per five children.
- Catering is available through Wildflower Cafe.
- Please review the Garden Etiquette rules before you arrive and communicate them to your guests.
- Please review the Weapons Policy here.
- Birthday parties are held rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the Wildflower Center may close Fortlandia for safety. Any Fortlandia party cancelled due to closure by the Wildflower Center may be rescheduled one time or a full refund will be granted.
- Events canceled 21 days or more prior to the event date will be given a refund less a $35 processing fee.
- If the event is cancelled 20 days or less prior to the event, a refund will not be granted.
Contact Youth and Family Programs Coordinator Rosalie Kelley at [email protected] or call 512.232.0277.