Celebrate your child’s special day in a gorgeous garden setting inspired by the wonders of nature. Party packages include your choice of an educational staff-led or self-guided activity. In addition, each of your guests will have access to the gardens, trails and natural areas of the Wildflower Center during regular hours on the day of your event. Parties themselves will take place in the Little House Garden or tree-covered picnic area.
Ages: Youth ages 1 to 11 years and up
Available: Saturdays and Sundays
Times: 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Starting at $350*
*Members receive a 10% discount.
Birthday Party Features
- Private use of the Little House Garden or a tree-covered picnic area for two hours, plus a half-hour for setup and 15 minutes for cleanup.
- A special gift for the birthday child.
- One of four party themes (see below).
- Staff-led activities include seventy-five minutes of fun and nature exploration followed by 45 minutes for cake or snacks.
- Admission for guests. The number of children may not exceed 20, and the total number of guests may not exceed 40. (General admission applies for additional guests.)
Nature Art: In this activity, children will explore the season through natural materials of different shapes, sizes, textures and colors, as they create their own unique art to take home. Ages: 3 and up.
Self-guided options may be available for this theme only.
Insect Investigation: We will explore and learn about critter characteristics, life cycles and habitats as we investigate insects of the Wildflower Center, including grasshoppers, dragonflies and migrating monarch butterflies. Ages: 3 and up.
Rocks and Dirt and Fossils, Oh My!: This party will spark imagination and tell a story about what lies beneath our feet in the Texas Hill Country. Children will get hands-on as they dig into the science of soil, rocks and evidence of prehistoric life. Ages: 3 and up.
Nature Play Party: Celebrate your way, with access to a private tree-covered picnic area located in the Luci and Ian Family Garden next to the Nature Build area or in one of our shaded picnic areas in the Texas Arboretum. All birthday activities are self-guided. Ages: 1 and up.
Fortlandia Fort Challenge Party: Explore Fortlandia and build your own fun with the supplies provided for children to create unique fort structures using Stick-lets and bamboo poles. Passforts will be provided for each youth as well. All birthday activities are self-guided. Ages: 5 and up.
Fortlandia parties are seasonal and only available from October through January.
- $350 for groups of 15 children
- $390 for groups of 20 children
- $400 for groups of 15 children plus two lawn games
- $440 for groups of 20 children plus two lawn games
- Members receive a 10% discount. Lady Bird Society Members receive a 20% discount.
- Youth birthday parties allow admission for one adult guest per child guest; general admission rates apply for additional guests. The total number of guests at the party (adults and children combined) may not exceed 40.
- Payment is due in full at the time of reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 business days in advance of event date.
- Guests are responsible for bringing their own cake, snacks, goody bags, beverages (only nonalcoholic allowed), dishes, silverware, napkins and decorations. Refrigeration is not available.
- Tabletop decorations are allowed, but we cannot allow balloons, piñatas, confetti or glitter, flower petals, streamers, or seeds in the garden under any circumstances.
- No decorations may be pinned, taped, stapled, nailed, glue or otherwise adhered to the walls.
- Outside entertainment is not permitted. An educational, staff-led environmental program for your child and their guests is provided as part of your party reservation.
- Adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party. We require one adult per five children.
- The number of children may not exceed 20. Birthday parties may not exceed 40 total guests (adults and children combined).
- Catering is available through Wildflower Cafe.
- Please review our Safety Guidelines here.
- Please review the Garden Etiquette rules before you arrive and communicate them to your guests.
- Please review the Weapons Policy here.
- Birthday parties are held year-round outdoors; parties may be rescheduled up to one time if the Wildflower Center deems necessary due to inclement weather.
- Events canceled 21 days or more prior to the event date will be given a refund less a $35 processing fee.
- If the event is canceled 20 days or less prior to the event, a refund will not be granted.
Contact Youth and Family Programs Manager Rosalie Kelley at [email protected] or call 512.232.0277.
If your event exceeds the 20-child maximum or you are planning an event for ages 11 and older and would like an indoor venue, please contact our private events staff via our event inquiry form.