Celebrate your child’s special day in a gorgeous garden setting inspired by the wonder of nature. Party packages include an educational, staff-led activity, and guests have access to the Wildflower Center’s gardens, trails and natural areas during regular hours on the day of your event. Parties themselves take place in the Little House and Little House Garden.
Ages: Designed for children ages 3 to 7 (preschool to second grade)
Available: Saturdays and Sundays
Times: 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Starting at $350*
*Members receive a 10% discount.
Birthday Party Features
- Private use of the Little House and Little House Garden for two hours, plus a half hour for setup and 15 minutes for cleanup.
- A special gift for the birthday child.
- One of four party themes (see below).
- Seventy-five minutes of staff-led, nature exploration and 45 minutes for cake or snacks.
- Admission for guests. The number of children may not exceed 20, and the total number of guests may not exceed 40. (General admission applies for additional guests.)
Nature Art: In this activity, children will explore the season through natural materials of different shapes, sizes, texture and colors, and create their own unique art to take home.
Insect Investigation: We will explore and learn about critter characteristics, life cycles and habitats as we investigate insects of the Wildflower Center, including grasshoppers, dragonflies and migrating monarch butterflies.
Rocks and Dirt and Fossils, Oh My!: This party will spark imagination and tell a story about what lies beneath our feet in the Texas Hill Country. Children will get hands on as they dig in to the science of soil, rocks and evidence of prehistoric life.
Wondrous Woodlands: Children will engage in a guided exploration of what makes Austin’s wooded areas enchanting. We’ll go outside to track wildlife, investigate animal habitats, and learn about native trees and plants.
- $350 for groups of 15 children
- $390 for groups of 20 children
- Members receive a 10% discount. Lady Bird Society Members receive a 20% discount.
- Youth birthday parties allow admission for one adult guest per child guest; general admission rates apply for additional guests. Total number of guests at party (adults and children combined) may not exceed 40.
- Payment is due in full at time of reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 business days in advance of event date.
- Guests are responsible for bringing their own cake, snacks, goody bags, beverages (only nonalcoholic allowed), dishes, silverware, napkins and decorations. Refrigeration is not available.
- Tabletop decorations are allowed, but we cannot allow balloons, piñatas, confetti or glitter, flower petals, streamers, or seeds in the garden under any circumstances.
- No decorations may be pinned, taped, stapled, nailed, glue or otherwise adhered to the walls.
- Outside entertainment is not permitted. An educational, staff-led environmental program for your child and their guests is provided as part of your party reservation.
- Adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party. We require one adult per five children.
- The number of children may not exceed 20. Birthday parties may not exceed 40 total guests (adults and children combined).
- Catering is available through Wildflower Cafe.
- Please review the Garden Etiquette rules before you arrive and communicate them to your guests.
- Please review the Weapons Policy here.
- Birthday parties are held rain or shine; there is no refund for inclement weather.
- Events canceled 21 days or more prior to the event date will be given a refund less a $35 processing fee.
- If the event is cancelled 20 days or less prior to the event, a refund will not be granted.
Contact Youth and Family Programs Coordinator Rosalie Kelley at [email protected] or call 512.232.0277.
If your event exceeds the 20-child maximum or you are planning an event for ages 8 and older and would like an indoor venue, please contact our private events staff via our event inquiry form.