Celebrate your child’s special day in a gorgeous garden setting inspired by the wonders of nature. Party packages include a seventy-five minute staff-led educational activity. In addition, each of your guests will have access to the gardens, trails and natural areas of the Wildflower Center during regular hours on the day of your event. Parties themselves will take place in a tree-covered picnic area.
Ages: 1 to 11 years old
Available: Saturdays and Sundays
Times: 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Starting at $350*
*Members with a Family Membership or higher receive a 10% discount.
Updates to our registration process are currently under construction. Bookings will open again once complete. View our current Group Rate offerings here!
Birthday Party Features
- Private use of a tree-covered picnic area for two hours, plus half an hour for setup and 15 minutes for cleanup
- A special gift for the birthday child
- One of three party themes (see below)
- Staff-led (parent-supervised) educational activities include 75 minutes of staff-led fun and nature exploration followed by 45 minutes of free time for cake or snacks.
- Admission for guests: The number of children may not exceed 20; the total number of guests (adults and children combined) may not exceed 40. (General admission applies for additional guests.)
Nature Art: Children will explore the season through natural materials of different shapes, sizes, textures and colors as they create their own unique art to take home. Ages: 3 and up.
Rocks, Dirt and Fossils, Oh My!: This party will spark imagination and tell a story about what lies beneath our feet in the Texas Hill Country. Children will get hands-on as they dig into the science of soil, rocks and evidence of prehistoric life. Ages: 3 and up.
Nature Play Party: Celebrate your way in nature! Families can enjoy a nature-themed party in Luci and Ian Family Garden which will include Fortlandia when booked during the months of October through January. An education staff facilitator will provide activities before venturing out into the Family Garden to explore Fortlandia, Nature Build, giant birds nests and a flowing creek with prehistoric themes. Ages: 1 and up.
- $350 for groups of 15 children
- $390 for groups of 20 children
- Members with a Family Membership or higher receive a 10% discount. Lady Bird Society Members receive a 20% discount.
- Youth birthday parties allow admission for one adult guest per child guest; general admission rates apply for additional guests. The total number of guests at the party (adults and children combined) may not exceed 40.
- Payment is due in full at the time of reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 business days in advance of event date.
- Guests are responsible for bringing their own cake, snacks, goody bags, beverages (only nonalcoholic allowed), dishes, silverware, napkins and decorations. Refrigeration is not available.
- Tabletop decorations are allowed, but we cannot allow balloons, piñatas, confetti or glitter, flower petals, streamers, or seeds in the garden under any circumstances.
- No decorations may be pinned, taped, stapled, nailed, glued, or otherwise adhered to the walls or tables.
- Outside entertainment is not permitted for all party types.
- Adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party. We require one adult per eight children present at all times.
- The number of children may not exceed 20. Birthday parties may not exceed 40 total guests (adults and children combined).
- Catering may be available through Wildflower Cafe when ordered two weeks in advance.
- Please review our safety guidelines here.
- Please review the Garden Etiquette rules before you arrive and communicate them to your guests.
- Please review the Weapons Policy here.
- Birthday parties are held year-round outdoors; parties may be rescheduled up to one time if the Wildflower Center deems necessary due to inclement weather.
- If you must cancel, a refund minus a $50 processing fee will be given at anytime up to 21 days prior to your event.
- No refunds will be given if canceled within 20 days of your event.
If you have questions, please check out our Birthday Parties FAQ page. Contact our offices at [email protected] with any additional questions or concerns.
If your party exceeds the 20-child maximum or you are planning an event for ages 12 and older and would like an indoor venue, please contact our private events team via our event inquiry form.