This facility is a wonderful representation of the many uses of native plants in both landscaped gardens and natural areas. The policies and guidelines below are designed to complement the ecological mission of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - a non-profit organization committed to educating people about the environmental necessity, economic value, and natural beauty of native plants.
Register and Apply with the Wildflower Center
- All professional/commercial/wedding photographers wishing to shoot at the Wildflower Center are required to register through the Facility Rental Manager.
- Wedding clients of the Center receive a complimentary 2 hour photo session but must be scheduled in advance of the session as normal to ensure there is not a conflict in reservation time.
- All applications and fees must be filed, paid for and approved before the photo shoot may be scheduled.
- Photographers may pay a $500 annual location fee for a full year of seasonal backdrop beauty or $100 per day. Admission to the gardens for photographer and session participants is included in the fees.
- The fee for catalog, television and movie shoots as well as most forms of commercial photography will be negotiated through the Facility Rental Manager in collaboration with the Wildflower Center Communications Department.
- Photographers working with a Wildflower Center wedding client are exempt from the fees as long as their work is limited to wedding activities.
- No fees are assessed to official media photographers.
General Photography Guidelines
- Please be courteous and polite to the general public and visitors. Do not block paths or restrict access to the grounds. No public area may be closed to visitor access during a photo shoot.
- You and your clients must stay on the paths. Please do not leave the path or public areas to step into the gardens. Fire ants, poison ivy and snakes are probable in this natural environment.
- With the exception of service animals, no dogs or pets are allowed in the Center.
- No smoking or tobacco use is permitted on the grounds at any time.
- Use utmost care and caution around all landscaping.
- Digging or planting of any plant material on the grounds is strictly prohibited. Absolutely no cutting of any plant material is permitted.
- Plant tags or signs are not to be moved or removed for any reason.
- Under no circumstances will nudity be permitted on the grounds of the Center. You and your guests must be properly attired at all times while on site.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the grounds and if observed will result in immediate cancellation of the shoot without refund of fees.
- Props or equipment belonging to the Wildflower Center may not be used in photo shoots.
- The use of drones are prohibited by the University of Texas at Austin.
For additional information, availability or to schedule your session at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, contact the Facility Rental Manaer, Mark Johnson: email@example.com (512.232.0164) and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.