BRUCE MUNRO’S FIELD OF LIGHT
COMES TO THE WILDFLOWER CENTER
Austin’s own C3 Presents, in collaboration with the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at The University of Texas at Austin is proud to announce highly-acclaimed British artist Bruce Munro’s Field of Light will debut on September 9, 2022 at the Wildflower Center.
Illuminating 16 acres in the Texas Arboretum at the Wildflower Center, Field of Light is a stunning display of 28,000 vibrant solar-powered, fiber-optic light pods that showcase the intersection of art, technology, and nature. The installation unites with the outdoors, celebrating the natural topography of the landscape and creating an immersive and emotional experience for guests. The exhibit runs September through December 2022. Get social media updates on Instagram and Facebook.
A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales benefit the Wildflower Center.
Interested in booking a private event or attending Field of Light with a group of 20 people or more? Click here.
Our goal, with any installation, is to be thoughtful and considerate of the landscape, as well as the topography, and wildlife.
How will Field of Light impact migratory birds?
- The Field of Light installation will follow migratory bird guidelines set by the Texas Audubon Society which recommends ‘lights out’ from 11 p.m. – 6 a.m. The Field of Light exhibition will be illuminated from 5 – 11 p.m.
How will Field of Light impact light pollution and nature?
- The Field of Light installation will use solar powered LED ‘low lumen’ light spheres that produce the lowest amount of light possible.
- The artist, Bruce Munro, is committed to creating installations that have minimal environmental impact.
What is the material that the lights are made from? Is it sustainable?
- The materials are LED light sources (and solar powered), fiber optics, glass, and acrylics.
- All materials are sustainable as they are all highly recyclable without loss of condition, and they are also very durable.
How is the installation being disposed of after the exhibition is over? Are the materials recycled and reused?
- The entire exhibition is shipping back to the studio, for cleaning up and reuse.
- Bruce Munro does a considerable amount of charitable installations in the UK. The materials are re-used for these purposes.