Tuesday - September 04, 2012

From: Whitney, TX
Topic: Pests, Trees
Title: Sticky film on oak tree leaves from Whitney TX

QUESTION:

What is the sticky film that is coating leaves on our oak trees?

ANSWER:

Aphid poop. Sorry, you did ask. Since Hill County is in Central Texas, we are going to link you to several answers to similar questions in Central Texas.

Aphids are unusually bad this year, and we have answered many questions on them. From the University of California Integrated Pest Management Program, here is an article on managing aphid infestations.

Here are some previous answers to help you out:

Austin Aug. 8, 2012

Austin July 30, 2012

Austin July 14, 2012

Since all of these have more links in them, and possibly some duplications we think that's 'nuff said,