Sunday - July 08, 2012

From: Bend , OR
Region: Northwest
Topic: Edible Plants, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Need source of plants for making teas in Bend, Oregon.

QUESTION:

I love to make my own tea, just moved to central Oregon and want to know some good plants I can find anywhere in town and can use in my teas.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants is wondering which plants you were using for teas in your former home?  Some of the same plants may occur around Bend, Oregon. For help finding these plants, contact the folks at the Deschutes County of Oregon State University Agriculture Extension. Another source of help that I would recommend is the Native Plant Society of Oregon,but the High Desert Chapter in Bend is inactive now. However, there’s a contact on the website, and you may be the one who can get them activated again.

The links below have tips for growing plants that can be used for tea, lists of plants in nature that can be used for tea, and a catalog for seeds to grow plants for tea.

Plant Lists

Growing plants

Mostly seeds 

Plant lists