Sunday - April 01, 2012

From: Horseshoe Bay, TX
Title: Plant ID from Horseshoe Bend, TX

QUESTION:

I am trying to identify two plants - one - a flower springing up in a mint patch/Users/leehsb/Desktop/DSC_0407.JPG/Users/leehsb/Desktop/DSC_0408.JPG and the next a small bunched plant in our garden (no flowers) /Users/leehsb/Desktop/Users/leehsb/Desktop/DSC_0410.JPG/DSC_0409.JPG Thanks for your help - we are strong supporters of the Wildflower Center.

ANSWER:

Thank you for your continued support of the work the Wildflower Center does in conservation and promotion of native plants.

It would seem you attempted to send us pictures of the plants you cannot identify, and we are no longer set up to receive pictures on the Mr. Smarty Plants site. Identifying native plants is lots of fun; but, it consumes lots of time and we don't have enough person-hours to do it anymore.  We can recommend several excellent online Plant Identification forums that will accept photographs of plants to identify.  Please visit our Plant Identification page to find the links to the Plant Identification forums.