Tuesday - October 06, 2009

From: Leavittsburg, OH
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

We have a large bush type plant, about 4 feet tall, fragant voilet flowers, large dark green leaves and spiney seed pods (about the size of golf balls) that have many seeds inside. They started growing in our field after a delivery of soil. I can't find out what they are and if they are poisonous.

ANSWER:

Please send us photos (high resolution and in good focus) and we will do our very best to identify your plant.  To read instructions for submitting photos, visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page.