Suppport the plant database you love!

Sunday - August 09, 2009

From: Alexis, IL
Title: Plant identfication

QUESTION:

We have red pointed things growing wild in our yard. About the size of an index finger. They just pop up after a rain. Are they poisonous? We have pets.

ANSWER:

Well, they might be a plant or perhaps they are some sort of fungus/mushroom—and, hopefully, they aren't poisonous, but it is possible that they are poisonous.  We can't really be sure of an identification with your description alone.  Is there any chance you can send us a photo or two?  If you can send photos, we will do our very best to identify your mystery 'plants'.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page for instructions on sending photos for identification.