Suppport the plant database you love!

Tuesday - July 07, 2009

From: Clearfield , PA
Title: Mystery perennial in Clearfield, PA

QUESTION:

I have a perennial growing in my flower garden. I didn't plant extra seeds and don't know what it is..it has palm like leaves and long thin stem. It grows tall, maybe about 10 inches from the ground and I would like to know what it is..?

ANSWER:

Unfortunately, that description would cover many, many different plants, native and non-native to Pennsylvania. It could even be a weed planted for you by your friendly neighborhood birds, who are very good about spreading seeds around. If it's really important to you, we suggest you go to the instructions for submitting a photo on the Mr. Smarty Plants Plant Identification page. Note the kind of additional information needed with the picture(s), and we will try to identify it for you.