Thursday - October 30, 2008

Title: Plant Identification

QUESTION:

Hi. I took a picture of a plant/wildflower at Reimer's Ranch near Dripping SPrings and have been unable to identify it. I searched through the plant database but am having difficulty. Can I send you a picture or bring it in to the Wildflower Center for assistance? Thanks.

ANSWER:

Absolutely. It would be better if you sent the picture, because if you came to the Wildflower Center, the people who are best at plant identification might not be onsite at the time. Here are the instructions for sending us a picture:

Need help with a plant ID? Send us an email following the instructions below.

1. Tell us where and when you found the plant and describe the site where it occurred.

2. Take several high resolution images including details of leaves, stems, flowers, fruit, and the overall plant.

3. Save images in JPEG format.

4. Send email with images attached to [email protected]. Please enter Plant ID Request on the subject line of your email.