Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Color of Englemann's daisy (Engelmannia peristenia)
April 11, 2010 - I'm in Austin and just bought some Engelmann's Daisies at the plant sale on Fri. The picture had them with white petals, and your plant database has them with yellow petals. I specifically wanted wh...

Information about person who handles invasive species at the Wildflower Center
October 01, 2015 - Would you please provide me a name, phone, and email address, of the person in your office who handles invasive species? Thanks,

Information on green roof demonstration site at Wildflower Center
March 10, 2006 - I visited your green roof demonstration site and am interested in putting a green roof on a structure. There seemed to be at least two layers of growing medium in the planters; one layer looked like r...

Native plants for pots for wedding in November
October 03, 2006 - Will any of the plants that are in your big plant sale be flowering in November? I am looking for plants that would do well in pots because I'd like to use them as center pieces at a wedding (in Aus...

Hungry turtles trample pond in Houston Texas
October 17, 2011 - I have a very large back yard pond (actually, a former swimming pool) that's home to a bullfrog, four Red-eared slider turtles, and scads of gambusia (little mosquito eating fish). I'd like to add n...