Suppport the plant database you love!

Sunday - August 24, 2008

From: Coburg, ON
Region: Canada
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Please help us identify a woodland plant whose fruiting stem looks very similar to a corncob stuck into the ground, pointy end up. It sticks up about 4-5" above the ground. The largish pale yellow fruits are densely spaced, larger than corn kernels, and generally rounded. Each "kernel" is fleshy and has inside tiny black seeds. There are no leaves visible this late in the season.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants but I think we are going to need a photograph to do this one. Please visit Mr. Smarty Plant's Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.