Tuesday - March 25, 2008

From: Johnston, IA
Topic: Butterfly Gardens
Title: Host plant for Northern Pearly Eye butterfly
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

Can we add to the host plant information for Elymus hystrix (Bottlebrush grass)? The grass is host plant for the Northern Pearly Eye butterfly (Enodia anthedon). It would be great to share this information (I see that you have it for others.) References: Thanks very much.

ANSWER:

Yes, we would be happy to add that information. Please email [email protected] with the reference for this relationship. The reference might be a book, journal article or other professional publication. If you can find it in our existing bibliography (http://www.wildflower.org/bibliography/), all the better.