Friday - March 18, 2016

From: Cypress, TX
Title: Planting a Willow Close to a Water Line
Answered by: Mike Tomme

QUESTION:

I have a postage stamp-sized front yard, with the water tap in the front 1/3. I believe the water line runs right through the middle of my pss-front yard. I REALLY wanted to plant a weeping willow there, but I wanted to ask what you thought would be a good tree for this spot? Let me say up front that I realy loathe pine trees.

ANSWER:

A willow, or any other tree, will not affect a properly constructed water line becuse the joints in the pipe are tight enough to sustain the water pressure. A sewer line is a different story and you should avoid planting too close.